Ireland Contracting employs roughly 10 permanent staff and around 6-8 seasonal drivers. The seasonal drivers may start from the beginning of October and go to the end of April which covers grass and maize seasons, or just work the maize season only.
General Skills Needed
Prospective employees need to have the following skills/attributes:
- Excellent driving skills.
- Be able to carry out basic maintenance on machinery/equipment.
- Be willing to work long hours as needed.
- Be trustworthy
- Have at least 2 years driving experience on the machines.
- Work unsupervised
- Strive to do a quality job
Ireland Contracting operate the following machines/equipment:
If you would like to apply for one of the positions below and have the above skills/attributes, please print out the Employment Application and fax, email or post it to us as early as possible (see Contacts page for details). It's important on this application that you fill out the section asking how many hours experience you have on each machine you've operated so we know what you would be best suited to. We will get in touch with you once your Employment Application has been received.
- Harvesters - Claas 960, Claas 980
- Tractors - Fendt 820/822/824/718 & John Deere 6900/6420/7430/6830/6430
- Loaders - JCB 434, 435
- Loader Wagons - Lely
- Trucks - Isuzu, Mercedes, Mack, Foden, Volvo
- Silage Trailers
- Mowers - singles, trailed & triples
- Rakes - Claas 880, Liner 3000, Liner 3500
- Balers - McHale Fusion 3+, Krone Big Pack
- Maize Planters - John Deere 8 & 4-row
- Undersowers - JD 750A 6m & 4m with Fert
- Roller drill - Heva
- Cultivation Equipment - Aerators, 5m power harrows, 3 & 4m discs
- Diggers - Cat 11T, Volvo 14.5T
- Spreaders - Bergmann, Bogbelle
Permanent/Casual/Seasonal Staff for 2016/2017 Season
It would be of benefit to anyone who applies to be able to operate several of the machines listed above in the MACHINERY section, not just what is listed in the job openings list. Mechanical knowledge and skills would be a big advantage to any job applicant.
- Truck (& trailer) driver
- Roller drill operator
- Harvester driver
- Stack/JCB driver
- Baler operator
- Loader wagon operator
- Tractor & trailer drivers for maize
Tractor drivers need to hold a NZ full Class 1 (or equivalent) or higher licence. On a Class 1, your speed is restricted on the road to 40km/h or less.
Truck drivers need to hold a NZ full Class 4 (or equivalent) or higher licence. To drive a truck and trailer you'll need the equivalent of a NZ full Class 5 licence.